Friday, December 9, 2011

Designed With Love: Soothing Boy's Nursery

We want to give a HUGE thank you to Laurie for sharing photos of her ADORABLE nursery! We absolutely love it. Her use of pale neutral colors creates the perfect calm and quiet retreat for her and  baby Davis.


Crib- Baby's Dream Legendary flat top crib in espresso
Bedding- Serena and Lily Dylan three-piece crib set
Glider- Rome Glider 
Artwork, cornice board and light fixture made by Laurie's mom.






Laurie's Nursery Vision:
I had envisioned, when I was pregnant, a calm, quiet retreat for me and the baby. I knew I wanted blue and white paneled walls and I thought that I wanted white furniture. I found his bedding at Serena and Lily and just adored it... I thought "this is the only time that I can decorate his room 'baby' because before long he will want sports and dinosaurs on his walls like most little boys do"... that fabric was perfect. I fell in love, in LOVE with the Baby's Dream, Legendary collection, I was looking for white furniture though. I probably visited the store at least 10 times and always gravitated to that crib, I remember sitting in what is now his glider in the store pondering a decision. I knew I had to have it and I am so glad I went with the darker wood.  It is so PERFECT in his room and so classic, it will never go out of style! He will have the furniture for a long time. As many times as I sat in the glider, I knew I had to have it too, so I had one more desicion to make... what color I would get the chair in. That was an easy decision, I simply brought in a fabric swatch from his bedding and all of the associates sat down with me to decide on a material and the matching piping for the chair. He is now 10 months and I still go in his room and sit in that glider and somewhat escape... it is the most comfortable, peaceful and calm place that I have ever been. 

2 comments:

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Sweet Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)