Thursday, December 22, 2011

Classic Nautical Nursery

When I saw Stacie's photos of baby Bennett's nursery, I knew I had to share her design with you all. I love this classic nautical look. I think any baby could grow with this design and it is completely timeless.

Stacie's Inspiration:
As soon as I found out we were having a baby I knew I wanted to do a costal themed nursery. I grew up on the water in south Florida and have always had a passion for anything relaxing with a coastal feel. We also knew we didn't want to go for the "baby" look that you typically find in a nursery. I wanted to create a soothing and relaxed enviornment that both my husband I would enjoy sitting in on a day to day basis with our son. We used soothing sea colors and a lot of neutrals to give a calming effect in the room. The coastal theme was incorporated by adding a few key nautical pieces without going too overboard and making it too "babyish.' My favorite part of the nursery are the international flag codes painted on canvas above the crib!! These spell out my son's initials, "BMT", for Bennett Michael Thompson. I thought it was a unique way to have his name above the crib and also tie in the costal/nautical theme at the same time.




Here is a list of the pieces in the room and where they were purchased from:
  • Crib- Munire Chloe Collection
  • Changing Table- Bargain Babies Consignment Shop in Simpsonville, SC
  • Glider-  Factory Furniture in Mauldin, SC (Best Chair Company)
  • Side Table- Home Goods (Bathroom section)
  • Swing Shelf- Pottery Barn Kids
  • Red antique wooden beach chair- Kids Consignment Sale
  • Decor pieces- Home Goods, Hobby Lobby, and kid consignment sales
  • Fisherman Lamp- Pottery Barn Kids
  • Canvas Flags are homemade
  • Woven Rug- Lowes
  • Woven Baskets- Target
  • Curtains- Target (White Sailcloths)
  • Paint Colors: Benjamin Moore: Spring Break (Turquosise Color) and Valspar: Antique (tan color). White chair railing was added.
Make sure you check out Stacie's blog HERE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Sweet Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)