Monday, January 2, 2012

GORGEOUS Love Bird Nursery

I was a complete Facebook stalker weirdo when I came across photos of this nursery. One of my friends commented on the photos so they came up on my newsfeed. I decided to be one of those creepy FB people and send a complete stranger a message to tell her how much I loved her nursery. I also asked where she bought her bedding... it is seriously one of my favorite bedding sets I have ever seen. It is made by Carousel Bedding in Atlanta, GA. They are a fantastic company and their crib sets are absolutely adorable. They also have EXTREMELY reasonable prices on their custom bedding! You should check them out HERE!  

I would love to do a product review and check out their bedding quality. So if any folks from Carousel Bedding see this... hook a sister up! 

Anyways, Courtney was incredibly gracious and offered to take photos of the nursery for me and share all of the details about her fabulous room. Thanks Courtney for being so kind and sweet!!! I know everyone will love Baby Elle's nursery and I am sure expecting moms can grab so great ideas for their own nurseries! 

Courtney's Inspiration for baby Elle's nursery:
I wanted a nursery that was feminine and girly, but not covered with the typical animated cartoon charecters. I searched for weeks online and in stores to find something that was just right. Eventually I came across a site online called Carousel Designs which lets you create your own bedding using their interactive gallery. There were lots of cute fabrics to choose from, and many options to personalize. They also had great coordinating accessories! Once I decided on my theme, which I titled "love birds" (based on the name of one of the fabrics), everything else just came together. The green dressers you see were originally black with wooden knobs. We stripped them, re-painted them, stained the tops and added new crystal knobs. My husband handmade the armoire and changing table, and we stained the wood to match the crib and other dresser tops. One of my favorite accessories is the wall decal, which I ordered from Babies R Us. The pink circular "rag rug" is also another favorite.  I also found cute frames and nic nacs at TJMaxx. The cute lamp was a great deal at Kirklands. The pink canvas photo was bought at Target for a minimal price after I almost paid 10 x's more for the same type of print at a nice baby store. The picture of the changing table shows the diaper stacker bag and the changing pad cover which were some of the accessories I mentioned that could be purchased at carousel designs to coordinate with the bedding ~ My splurges were the custom made bedding, fabric for the chair & ottoman (plus cost to cover) and the rag rug. I also had to share a photo of the two framed pictures with the green mat because they were a special gift from my parents. They purchased these prints from an artist while traveling in Paris this past Spring. 
Vendor List-













She looked so cute preggo!


What a beautiful baby girl!

2 comments:

  1. oh I love the "love birds" fabric. Definitely already have that picked out if we have a girl! [and bedding picked out if we have a boy, so we're set!] We painted the "nursery" an aqua blue a few months ago while remodeling so we could use the color for either/or. We are so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we have a girl one day, I totally want the Love Birds bedding too! My absolute favorite. Which one did you decide on for a boy?

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Sweet Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)